Monday, June 13, 2011

Paris Day 3

For day three we made our way to the Louvre. You can't go to Paris without sneaking a peak one of the most famous paintings in the world. On our way we saw the Obelisk.



Below is our little crew before we got in the line for the Louvre. 


The line wasn't too long, but Kobe wanted his picture taken by the fountain in front while we waited.


Once we were inside, we headed straight to the Mona Lisa.


I'm glad that we went to see it. It's much more interesting in person. You can't get very close because it's roped off and behind glass, but I was surprised that the colors seemed to be more beautiful than the reproduced images I've seen. We had been told that it was really small, but it was a decent size. 


Alyssa had no clue what was going on, but we took her picture anyway.


After the Mona Lisa, we went to the opposite wing to see the Napoleon Apartments. Craziness, I tell you. It's amazing how ornate the decorations were.


After the Louvre, we went over to the Latin Quarter to get some lunch. We ate at a little cafe. Jonathan and I had french onion soup, and it was delicious. After lunch, we made our way over to Notre Dame Cathedral.


We all went inside and had a look around.


After touring the inside, we decided to wait in a ridiculously long line to check out the top of the cathedral. There are 400 steps up and no elevator. I ended up staying down with Alyssa. Our sweet little stinker girl didn't walk almost the entire trip and Jonathan and I took turns carrying her everywhere. The thought of carrying her up 400 steps was just too much.


The boys went up and Alyssa and I sat in the square and colored. The boys were able to see the gargoyles and enjoy the view from up top.


We had tickets to the Eiffel Tower so that was our next destination. I'm glad we bought our tickets a few weeks in advance because that line was looooong.


When we were at the first level of the Eiffel Tower, still very high up, we saw this sign. Haha! I just had to take a picture.


It was very cold at the top, but the view was amazing.


I used my zoom lens to get this picture of the sister Statue of Liberty. We'd seen it a few times while walking around, but I'd never taken a photo.

One more day to go. 

7 comments:

Kristalyne said...

hi kristi! i found your blog through another blog...and i am sooo glad that i did! it is so nice to see you and your family! what an amazing adventure you are having! absolutely AMAZING!!! i am soo happy for you! :)

~kristalyne packard

Kristi said...

kristalyne--I was just thinking about you earlier this week and wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you found me! I'll send you an email soon so we can catch up.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I get to live vicariously through you! What a fun adventure. Paris looks amazing.

I am glad you guys are having so much fun! ;)

Erin said...

I love it! I think these pictures are awesome and the experiences you guys are having are unreal. I can't wait to see you in a month so we can have some fun!!!

Kristi said...

Linda--Thanks! It was really fun.

Erin--I know! Three weeks and a day. I'm not counting or anything. ;)

Ginger said...

Can I say JEALOUS!! How wonderful for you and your family!

Haddock said...

.... and to think I will be here visiting these same places with in a month (2nd Aug to be exact)
Good tip there, I too will book the tkt in advance for the Eifel.
Hope to hear more form you in your next posts.
(nice pics)