Friday, September 3, 2010

A Letter to My Washer Dryer

Dear Washer Dryer,

I had never met one of you until I arrived at our temporary housing.  I was a little nervous that you held about one-third of the clothing of our previous washer and dryer.  That would mean more loads of laundry to do, but I was sure because of your size you would be much quicker.

Sadly, this was not so.  I can't figure out why, but you take so incredibly long to dry my clothing.  Why, oh why does it take you 4 to 6 hours to dry such a tiny load.  Even after this lengthy time, they are damp and wrinkly (and I don't like ironing).  I'm looking forward to moving to our new house.  Hopefully your cousin, the separate tumble dryer will be faster.

On a positive note, Devon wants to thank you for the back massage he received courtesy of your vigorous spin cycle.  It shakes the kitchen and living room so much, that I'm reminded of home.  I feel like I'm back in California bracing myself during an earthquake.



Thanks for the laughs, and the leisurely laundering.

Sincerely,
A Frustrated Mom with Laundry Up to Her Eyeballs (because you are so very, very slow)

2 comments:

Mike and Pam said...

Oh my heck...that is so stinking funny..well not that your laundry takes so long to dry, but the whole letter. I love the part about Devon along with the pic...Kris you are cracking me up!!! I love you!!!

Erin said...

HAHAHA!!!! You crack me up little sis! That picture of Devon is so funny...especially once you know what's going on. Man, I guess I just need to head over to Scotland and I can get myself a free massage.