Saturday, September 4, 2010

We Have a Car!

We finally got a car this week!  We have had to use a car service to take us everywhere or bum rides off of one of Jonathan's coworkers.  Now we can go around as we please.  


It's a Vauxhall Insignia.  We'll only have this one until our seven-seater is available in November.  To be honest, I was a little annoyed when it turned out to be a station wagon.  Oh well, it's only for a couple of months.


I am so nervous to drive it.  I don't know how long before I will even make the attempt.  With the steering wheel on the right, and driving on the left side of the road, yikes!  I am terrified!



Jonathan has been driving for a couple of weeks and is starting to get used to it.  He says that he still feels like he's going to rip the left side-view mirror off.  The street signs are very confusing.  I'm going to have to study up before I take to the wheel.



Here are some gratuitous pictures of the kids enjoying the car.  I just had to add them because I think they're cute.  I know I'm biased, but I'm their mother and I'm supposed to be.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Biased or not...they're super cute!!!! I'm sure one of these days you'll get in the car and it won't be near as bad as you think. You're too cute!

Mike and Pam said...

I agree with Erin...they are super cute!!!! Cool car, that is funny though, just can't picture you driving a station wagon. I am not sure I would ever get used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road....how wierd it must be! Keep us posted. Love you

jenn said...

I would be scared about driving too. Where are the pictures of your new house???