Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School

The boys started school this morning.  It was a unique experience getting ready with the uniform they wear.




Devon wasn't too fond of the tie.  He kept complaining that it was choking him.  Kobe was really excited but Devon was a bit apprehensive about starting  school, which is extremely unusual.  Usually Devon is our brave one and Kobe is the worrier.


Their uniform is grey slacks, "smart" black shoes, "smart" grey slacks, a white shirt, school tie, and navy sweater.  They can wear polo shirts on gym day and they have a school sweatshirt as well.


        

Devon is in Primary 2 (1st Grade) and Kobe is in Primary 4 (3rd Grade).  They arrived home with smiles on their faces.  There are only about 400 students in their school which is a nice change from their last school that had 1200.  I think they are going to enjoy their time at Primary School here.


5 comments:

Erin said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you guys. I'm glad that they came home with smiles instead of tears. I sure miss them!

Nathan said...

What, no zipper ties? I LOVE the uni's and Devon's reaction to it all. Do you remember on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when
Will altered his uniform to something more fresh? Just a thought...

Nathan said...

I deleted my first comment in case you were wondering. I struggle sometimes.

Mike and Pam said...

They look so handsome. That is unusual that Devon would be the worrier and Kobe so calm, well, things to manage to change in life. I am glad they had a good day...and many more to come!

Nathan...love the Fresh Prince idea :)

Kristi said...

That's okay Nathan. I struggle most of the time. Ahhh...fond memories of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I hear you on the zipper ties! Jonathan is in Germany and I'm hoping the boys ties don't come undone because I won't know how to retie them!