Monday, August 23, 2010

The Views

Here are some pictures from the front of our temporary housing.  From what we have read, this row of buildings in the West End of Glasgow, was most likely built around the 1870's.  There are several old churches near here.  Most have been converted into office buildings.





Here are some of the views from outside our front windows.  


We don't have a car yet so this location has been perfect.  We are within walking distance of the shopping district on Sauchiehall Street in one direction, and Kelvingrove Park in the other direction.  We have a small grocery store, Sainsbury Local, around the corner, which has been convenient since our refrigerator is on the small side.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I zoomed in on the first picture and Alyssa looks scared of something!

Kristi said...

I didn't notice. I think she just wanted to get going. That was the last picture we took before we went to the park.

Erin said...

That's funny...she really does look scared. That is a beautiful view. I love the buildings....can't wait to come visit (wishful thinking!)

Kristi said...

Erin, Kobe keeps asking when you're going to come. I told him that it would cost your family about $7,000 and he said, "Oh, I guess we'll have to go to Texas." Haha! He can't wait to see you all again and neither can I. I want to hold that cute baby of yours!