Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet Henry

I'll share a slightly embarrassing story with you.  The temporary housing we are in is kind of like a hotel.  We have housekeepers that come daily and make the beds, change out the towels, and do some basic cleaning.  A few days into our stay, one of the housekeepers approached me and asked if I wanted her to hoover.  What?  I just stared at her with a blank look.  She had to ask me three times before I finally figured out what she was talking about.  Oh, vacuum. Now I know!  Here is a picture of a popular hoover here.


Meet Henry the Hoover!  Devon went to Costco this morning with Jonathan and informed me that they also have a pink version, Hetty the Hoover.  It just cracks me up that there is a face on the canister!  I don't have a picture of Hetty, but she has long eyelashes.

6 comments:

Mike and Pam said...

And all these years you thought you spoke English!!

I love Henry, he is adorable, I bet Hetty is pretty cute too!

Stephanie said...

I want to come and live in your temporary housing! Henry and his operator are welcome at my house anytime! (Maybe Hetty would be more appropriate for Kamryn and Karsyn)

Kristi said...

Mom--I still get confused by some of their words and they speak so quickly.

Stephanie--I know. I'm really enjoying the daily housekeeper while I can. They have a toy Hetty the Hoover that I want to get Alyssa for Christmas. It's so cute and she's terrified of our Dyson so maybe it will warm her up to vacuums in general.

Erin said...

That is too funny! I like Henry the Hoover. I'll have to start asking my kids to hoover for me from now, I'm guessing their response will be no different than it is now...a blank stare.

Unknown said...

Edith and I enjoyed the "Hoover" story. They haven't always been so cute. Have a Mince Pie from Markies for us. They're the best

Unknown said...

That is awesome! At least they have a sense of humor!