Friday, August 13, 2010

Our New (Temporary) Home

We made it to Glasgow on Monday morning!  We were driven to our temporary housing and the kids couldn't figure out what was different about the car.  When I told them the driver seat was on the right side and we were driving on the opposite side of the road, I received blank stares.  Maybe if they drove they would notice but it sure is weird.  I'm not looking forward to learning how to drive here but I'll save that discussion for another day.


Our temporary housing is near Kelvingrove Park and the City Centre.  We arrived with our massive luggage only to find out that we were on the third floor of an old Victorian building.  Old Victorian building = no lifts (elevators as we Americans call them).  My quads were on FIRE after walking up and down with our bags, some of which were 60+ pounds.


The original details of the building are incredible.  I wouldn't want to live here long-term but it will be fun for the next few weeks to experience an older building.



3 comments:

Ginger said...

Kristi, I'm so excited that you have started a blog & very happy for your new adventures! Your temporary housing looks amazing- almost like a museum or castle of sorts. Good luck with all the big changes coming your way! It will be a wonderful experience for you and your family.

Erin said...

Sorry you had to walk up all those stairs with all that luggage. I sure love and miss you guys. It's beautiful and I hope you guys have an awesome adventure while you're there.

Kristi said...

Thanks Ginger! It does kind of remind me of a museum.

Erin--I could use the exercises! Haha!